The 2017/18 season is upon us and I’m so bloody excited!!! But that hasn’t stopped the media machine from digging into the Oilers.
Take a listen to Ryan Rishaug’s spot on The Jason Gregor Show in the Youtube clip below and let me know what you think?
- The Benning comments
- What price is Edmonton willing to pay to upgrade their defense?
- Who could fill that spot on defense from within the organization if Matt Benning shows he’s not ready?
- The reason the Oilers are willing to “tread water” until Andrej Sekera comes back.
- How two spots in the top 6 on the right side were wide open for the taking and none of the players expected to take it capitalized on that opportunity… Except one.
- Why Todd McLellan was forced to move Draisaitl back to McDavid’s RW?
- How Kailer Yamamoto made the team.
- Why the Oilers aren’t releasing Chris Kelly from his PTO.
Personally, I give it the month of October and if the Oilers’ defense is looking shaky, Chiarelli sorts that out toute suite! Add to that the fact that a team like Vegas needs to move some bodies off of their blueline and we might see something sooner.
One thing working against Edmonton right now is that they’ve only got 4 games in the next 2 weeks… Not really enough time to make a judgment call on the D in such a small time frame, right?
A bigger concern might be that right wing. Seems to be a bit of a circus right now with Yamamoto beating out Puljujarvi, Caggiula, Strome, and Slepyshev for a spot in the top 6… That said, I’m stoked to see the new guys and I’m really curious what kind of answers the Oilers will give us to those questions above…
Let us know in the comments or on Twitter (@beerleagueheroe) your thoughts on what the boys on Gregor’s show have said below.